Black bean? In brownies? What? Why? I will answer you, because it’s so delicious. I think it makes the brownie moist and oh so yummy. Why gluten free? Because one of my room friends is trying to be gluten free, so I make them that way so she can enjoy them with me. I use rice flour and I like the flavor it gives.
- Half a stick of butter
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed, drained, and pureed until smooth in a food processor
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
– Set your oven to 350Take your chocolate chips and your butter and place in a double broiler. I do not have a double broiler so you can make shift your own, like I did. Take two pots, similar in size. Fill the bottom one with about 2 inches of water and place the other pan on top of it. Allow the water to boil in the bottom pot. Constantly stir the butter and chocolate until it’s a smooth mixture. Remove from heat once they reach this consistency. Place your secret ingredient in a blender or preferably a food processor. Get those guys pureed! (This blender did not work so well for me so I played the chunk of beans off as chocolate chips, you can do the same thing)
-In your cooled off mixture of butter and chocolate add in vanilla and eggs, whisk all together. Add pureed beans in.
-In a separate bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients.
-Fold in with a spatula the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
(I still have those toffee bits left over so I threw some in my mix as well as whole chocolate chips for more chocolate flavor and the chunky texture.)I wish I had just a little bit of a bigger pan but I do not. I greased my pan with coconut oil. I placed pecans on one side mostly because I have them and like to use all of my groceries in one thing, I suppose. Jared is allergic to nuts that’s why they are only on one side. I like walnuts better but like I said, I had pecans. Do the normal, take a toothpick see if it comes out clean routine. Don’t worry if it comes out with a couple of chunks on it. Just as long as it not wet when you pull it out. I topped it with powdered sugar just for the picture.
I like cookies a whole lot better then brownies so I wasn’t sure if I was for this when I ate it. I left it on the counter for everyone to eat and came back to one piece. So I was told it was yummy. Oh and you couldn’t even tell the black beans were in it and you couldn’t even tell it was gluten free. I like to tell people after they take a bite of my cooking or baking what is in it to surprise them.
Let me know if you make this! What’s your favorite brownie recipe? I have a lot of coco powder left over so I want to try and make different ones.